Our client is a leading international industrial service provider offering a wide range of high-quality mechanical engineering components and associated technical and logistics services. Our client offers its products and services to the industrial end-user based on its passion for technology, its broad and deep knowledge of market developments, product properties, product applications, product processing, logistics and its state-of-the-art infrastructure. This enables the company to make a positive contribution to the business operations of its customers and suppliers and its social environment.
Our client was founded in 1940 and currently consists of more than 60 companies with 450 branches in 27 countries, serving over 200,000 customers in the MRO, OEM, and project distribution business. The geographical focus of the group's activities is in Europe and North America, where about 95 percent of its sales are achieved. In 2016, our client generated net sales of approx. €2 billion with 8,000 employees.
Our client is a wholly owned subsidiary of a family-owned multinational with revenues of €18 billion and more than 60,000 employees across very diverse business environments.
To support the HR team further our client is looking for a Global Learning & Development Lead, who will take responsibility for global learning and leadership development from young talent until executive level.
- Report directly and work closely together with the CHRO.
- Creating an overall vision and roadmap for Learning & Development, in close and effective cooperation with the other members of the Group HR team
- Building strong relationships with key stakeholders guiding and challenging managers in all aspects of learning, leadership and talent development & -management;
- Critically reviewing the current portfolio of learning and development programs against the organization's needs and amend where necessary;
- Drive the development of global standards, processes and governance structures for the use of the global e-learning platform
- Conduct training needs analysis and provide consultancy service to identify needs and recommend training solutions for the business;
- Design training curriculum (with external partners) according to business needs;
- Conduct research and provide recommendations on improving the effectiveness of the trainings for enhancing the organizational performance
- Sparring partner for international executives and senior management.
For this position, we want to emphasize the following four core competencies.
Persuading & Influencing:
- Makes a strong personal impression on others
- Gains clear agreement and commitment from others by persuading, convincing and negotiating
- Promotes ideas on behalf of self or others
- Makes effective use of political processes to influence and persuade others
Formulating strategies and concepts:
- Develops functional strategies for learning & development
- Develops and effectively communicates positive and compelling visions of the organization's future potential around learning & development
Planning & Organizing:
- Sets clearly defined objectives
- Plans activities and projects well in advance and takes account of possible changing circumstances
- Manages time effectively
- Identifies and organizes resources needed to accomplish tasks
- Monitors performance against deadlines and milestones
Deciding & Initializing action:
- Takes responsibility for actions, projects and people
- Takes initiative, acts with confidence and works under own direction
- Initiates and generates activity
What we are looking for:
- Master's degree and at least 7 years of experience in an international L&D role with focus on leadership programs and talent development;
- Able to work on broad operational talent as well as in a strategic and project related mode;
- An effective stakeholder manager with outstanding communication and influencing skills;
- Strong interest in leadership, managing individual needs, development of executive talents at all levels;
- Experienced and passionate in talent development (individual and from company programs), able to challenge.
- Pro-active personality with good communication and advisory skills.
- Team spirit and sharing attitude
- Excellent command of the English language
Utrecht, The Netherlands
While based in the Netherlands, the position is not limited to Dutch nationals.
The SR Group (Netherlands) B.V. is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.