Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary is the world's first and largest koala sanctuary. As Brisbane's premier tourist attraction, the sanctuary is home to 470 Australian native animals, representing over 70 different species, many of which are protected or endangered species.
This newly created role is an opportunity for an enthusiastic HR Professional to build a strong foundation of human resources services and support to the Lone Pine management team, whilst developing a strong connection to Australia's natural and precious wildlife. As a standalone HR Manager, you will provide quality HR support by developing and implementing compliant and progressive HR policies, practices, and systems across the employee lifecycle. Working closely with the Management team, and Senior Leadership Team, you will develop a long-term HR strategy that supports the organisation's future targets and growth.
Reporting to the General Manager, you will build the People and Culture capability of the organisation by creating learning & development programs, while embedding positive organisational cultural systems and initiatives. You will also be responsible for leading a team of Safety representatives to drive a safety culture amongst all Lone Pine employees.
About the Role
There is a lot to do in this exciting yet challenging role. It will involve driving and managing the full employee lifecycle along with important projects on culture and engagement. Responsibilities will include:
- Driving HR-related strategic planning to evaluate departments, job design, workforce forecasting & planning throughout the organisation to enhance productivity and impact.
- Defines and implements employee engagement practices to establish positive employer-employee relations, positive culture, and promote a high level of employee morale.
- Review and manage the compensation structure, pay policies, performance appraisal programs, employee benefits programs.
- Act as the Health & Safety lead by collaborating with staff to implements programs, control risks/losses, and measure/report progress.
- Ensures that all HR policies and procedures are in compliance with and adhere to standards by regulatory agencies; conducts ongoing reviews of HR policies, practices and programs to ensure continuing quality improvement and effectiveness.
- Works proactively with senior management and staff to ensure that Lone Pine is able to recruit, motivate and retain the best people.
- Create standardised and effective recruitment processes and assist in managing the hiring process
- Managing all employee relations including disciplinaries and grievances.
- Responsible for employee lifecycle from new employee onboarding induction and orientation, to staff exits and exit interviews.
- Delivering of appropriate training and education to staff, including workshops, manuals, and developmental reviews/meetings.
- Reporting and compliance activities including statutory reporting; monitoring compliance and liaising with third parties.
If you are the type of person who can help a business thrive through its people and have a passion for building and fostering an amazing place to work, then this is the role for you.
You will need to bring:
- Knowledge of employment legislation and the national employment standards
- Proven track record of creating and implementing HR systems and processes
- Knowledge and experience overseeing occupational health and safety principles and practices
- Experience working on organisational development projects or activities in particular shaping organisational culture and employee engagement
- Strategic mindset and ability to support senior leaders in implementing strategic plans
- Excellent personal organisation and project management capability
- Evidence of using influencing and partnering skills to lead projects and people
This is a permanent opportunity paying $80,0000 including superannuation. If you are interested and would like more information, I'd love to have a chat with you.
Please apply online or email me a copy of your CV directly: firstname.lastname@example.org
For a full review of our active roles, please visit our website at www.frazerjones.com.au
Frazer Jones is part of The Specialist Recruitment Group PTY LTD, which is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.