My client, a rapidly expanding international law firm, is looking for a HR Manager to join its team. As a specialist niche business this firm is very much in global growth mode and as a result looking to enhance its support functions.
The firm are now looking to recruit a Human Resources Manager to be based in the London office but with regular travel to Paris, or a candidate to be based in Paris with travel to London. The role will report to the firm's Director of Human Resources, based in London and will be working across EMEA however with particular focus into London and Paris.
In a purely generalist role you will provide HR support for partners, lawyers and business services employees along with working on key strategic people and development projects that are firm-wide in scope.
Responsibilities will include:
- Developing and implementing HR strategies and initiatives aligned with the overall business strategy, with a focus on people and development.
- Advising and assisting with firm compensation and benefit programs.
- Providing performance management guidance to partners, lawyers and managers.
- Managing complex employee relation issues; conducting thorough and objective investigations and offering recommendations for disciplinary action, performance improvement, and terminations.
- Working collaboratively with the firm's other business services teams and managers.
- Contributing to firm-related diversity and inclusion initiatives.
- Maintaining up to date knowledge of HR-related and legal industry subject matter across multiple offices, and advocating for appropriate changes to policies and procedures.
- Deputising for the Director of Human Resources where required.
Being a dual location role, the business is looking to meet with candidates who have solid HR experience gained in both the UK and France.
You will be a fluent/native French speaker and be well versed in French employment law as well as UK.
The successful candidate will already be operating at Manager level and will have worked within a partnership environment, ideally legal.
The SR Group (UK) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.