HR Officer, Munich
Do you want to be the first HR person on the ground for a growing newly merged British/German legal partnership? Are you keen to work in an international environment, working closely with your colleagues in the UK, to build something new and fit-for-purpose? Then look no further, as your next career adventure awaits!
Due to a recent merger between a British and German Law firm, the company will now begin to expand their German operations in Munich and require a hands-on, growth minded HR Officer to come in and help guide this growth. The role will require someone to build an holistic HR structure, tied in harmoniously to the existing function in the UK. It's a great opportunity for an experienced HR generalist who is looking for their first step into a sole-contributor role, keen to take on more responsibility and help build something great.
To be successful in the role:
- You will be comfortable using your initiative to suggest ways in which to build and sustain a positive working environment.
- You will bring your knowledge and experience in managing the employee life cycle ensuring that: best practice is promoted, observed and monitored locally in Munich and in partnership with the UK Head Office.
- You will be accustomed to working with several points of contact and facilitating agreement by sharing information. You will be sensitive to the different experiences of staff and introduce methods for promoting inclusion.
- You will be conscientious and sensitive to the needs of different parts of the business, coordinating requirements and producing cohesive plans.
- You hold a relevant qualification and have experience of performing in a similar role
- Strong familiarity with recruiting and on-boarding new staff.
- Experienced in coordinating appraisals and supporting delivery of development initiatives.
- A good working knowledge of German employment legislation.
- Some experience in coordinating relocation of talent between the UK and EU
- A general understanding of Partnership practice a plus
The SR Group (Germany) GmbH is acting as an external recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy.