I'm working exclusively with a Boutique Asset Management firm, currently seeking an interim Head of HR 12 month maternity cover contract. The role is due to start Mid-November 2020.
Reporting to the Chief Operations and Finance Officer, you will manage a small HR team (1 or 2 people) based in London, supporting the entire business across Europe. Occasional travel to our European offices will be required. This role sits on the Executive Committee
The role is hands-on; you will be involved in many day-to-day issues/queries as well as more complex projects/initiatives. The right candidate will be a safe and experienced pair of hands and more than willing to roll up their sleeves and get involved, at any level.
Outstanding people skills required to ensure that the human resources programs and initiatives remain effective, efficient, and aligned to overall business objectives.
- Manage, coach and develop the HR team
- Ensure compliance with laws and regulations in each jurisdiction, highlight and resolve any actions required resulting from changes in legislation, e.g. Brexit changes, immigration, Covid-19 etc.
- As appropriate, support the ExCo and the business more widely with HR advice on platform acquisitions/disposals and execute employee transfers
- Set-up and wind-down offices in line with business needs
- Champion and continuously develop a performance culture
- Champion, develop and lead diversity and inclusion (D&I) initiatives
- Manage the HR budget and report on current and future staffing costs and initiatives
- Lead the mid-year and year-end performance review process and content. Formulate training plan as appropriate based on needs identified and lead employee development initiatives on a Group-wide basis
- Own the annual compensation review process, including ensuring local benchmarking data is captured and considered
- Lead the development of reward and incentive plans and Group benefit plans as appropriate
- Understand employee morale and proactively address issues
- Give counsel and oversee employee relations issues ensuring minimal escalation
- Develop and implement HR policies in line with local laws
- Improve HR processes; plan and manage the implementation of initiatives
- Own and develop recruitment and resourcing plans. Negotiate head-hunter contracts and manage relationships. Interview as appropriate
- Manage international relocations
- Second pair of eyes to review the monthly payroll prepared by third party service providers. Advise on any complex issues
- Ensure there are complete files and a comprehensive payroll audit trail for all employees, ensuring regulatory and audit requirements are met in each jurisdiction
- Must have held previous position of seniority in a generalist HR role; able to quickly establish credibility
- Financial services / asset management organisation experience required.
- Experience of acting as a role model and leading a team is essential
- Must have managed redundancy and TUPE situations and able to counsel senior management on appropriate practice
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources Management, Business Management or similar
- CIPD qualified
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES AND SKILLS
- Fluent in spoken and written English language. Business-level French, German or another European language desirable
- Evidence of having a passion for working with people and beyond the confines of the job description
- Solid employment law knowledge and proven experience of applying updated legislation to a variety of HR situations
- Impeccable ethical standards, work ethic and integrity - strong sense of fairness
- Comfortable developing team members and empowering staff
- Conscientious team player with a 'can do' attitude, happy to roll up their sleeves
- Professional and approachable manner; able to forge trusted relationships at all levels
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills; able to coach managers to have difficult conversations
- Proven organisation skills and ability to prioritise and meet deadlines
The SR Group (UK) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.